Posted Date: 06/15/2020
Congratulations to the Class of 2020
The commencement ceremony for Enid High School’s Class of 2020 will be Thursday, June 18, at 7:30 p.m. at D. Bruce Selby Stadium.
The traditional ceremony follows a virtual graduation held on the original graduation date, May 21, which was streamed on Facebook and EPS*tv due to COVID-19 restrictions at the time.
“We are so thankful we are able to host a traditional, in-person, graduation for our 2020 seniors,” said Dudley Darrow, EHS principal. “We are proud of their resilience during these unprecedented times and look forward to celebrating them in a way they deserve.”
Kurt Marin, class president, will offer the welcome. Graduation speakers will include Bruce Lamoreaux, salutatorian; Kimrey Klamm, senior speaker; and Piper Tucker, valedictorian. EHS will also recognize 41 valedictorian scholars.
Due to COVID-19, EPS is recommending, but not requiring, that audience members wear a facemask. Family members are encouraged to sit together and then distance themselves from other families and audience members as they are able. Special arrangements also have also been made for parking and seating at Selby Stadium as follows:
• For the safety of those in attendance, Iowa Street will be closed to regular traffic near the stadium.
• General parking will be available in the south parking lot of the stadium, as well as the west practice field. The EHS parking lots, located on the school campus, also will be open. Those who use the south stadium parking lot are asked to enter the south gates and follow the east sidewalk to the north-side seating.
• Limited handicap parking will be located on the north side of the stadium. Once the spaces are full, vehicles with passengers who require handicap parking will be allowed to drive to the entrance of the stadium to drop-off passengers.
• Guests are welcome to sit on both the north and south sides of the stadium.
• Overflow open seating will be available on the practice field west of the stadium, and guests who choose to use that location are encouraged to bring their own lawn chairs.
Enid Public Schools appreciates the support of community members, parents and fellow students as we honor the Class of 2020. We ask that those attending please not bring air horns or other items of distraction during this special event. Your cooperation is greatly appreciated.