Skip to main content




Up-to-Date Vaccinations Required for New School Year

Enid Public Schools is reminding all families that students must have up-to-date immunization records for the 2020-2021 school year, which begins Thursday August, 13, 2020

School officials have been working with families since early spring to try to ensure all student records are in compliance with the law. Parents and guardians of those who are not properly vaccinated have been notified, and the district has organized several immunization clinics for the convenience of parents.

Many EPS children, however, still need to be vaccinated.

“If students’ immunization records are not current, it can place their opportunity to attend school in jeopardy until the issue is resolved,” Superintendent Dr. Darrell Floyd said.  “We do not want any student to be negatively affected, but we must comply with the requirements of the law. We need parents’ help to ensure immunization records are up to date for every student.”

Parents whose children need immunizations are encouraged to visit the Garfield County Health Department, located at 2501 Mercer Drive, or their family doctor to have their children vaccinated before school begins. The Health Department walk-in clinic is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday.  

Oklahoma law also has an official opt-out procedure*. 



All students who attend Oklahoma schools are required to have the following immunizations: 


  • 4 DTP/DTaP/Td
  • 3 Polio
  • 1 MMR
  • 2 Hepatitis A
  • 3 Hepatitis B
  • 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox)

Grades K-12

  • 5 DTP/DTaP/Td (Unless the 4th dose was given on or after the 4th birthday)
  • 4 Polio (Unless the 3rd dose was given on or after the 4th birthday)
  • 2 MMR
  • 2 Hepatitis A
  • 3 Hepatitis B
  • 1 Varicella (Chicken Pox)


For more information about Oklahoma required immunizations for school attendance, click here.

Additional shots that are NOT required but are recommended for students age 11 and older:

  • Meningococcal vaccine (MCV4). Click here for important information about the meningitis vaccine.
  • Human papillomavirus (HPV)- For females and males.
  • Varicella (Chicken Pox)

*Note: Oklahoma State law allows immunization exemptions for medical, religious or personal reasons. Parents who opt not to immunize their children may obtain and complete an Immunization Exemption certificate at the Enid Public Schools Welcome Center, 500 S. Independence.  The Welcome Center will process the completed application and send it to the Oklahoma State Department of Health.  A school nurse will notify parents when the State Health Department returns the Exemption certificate to the child's school.