Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions

General Information


Enid Public Schools respects the importance of a binding contract and insists on conducting business in a highly ethical manner. If you are hired later than mid-June and are leaving another Oklahoma school district, we will require a letter from your previous school district confirming that you have been released from your contract. Confirmation of your release should be mailed or emailed within five days of your hire to Enid Public Schools, Attn: Sonya Kegin, 500 S. Independence, Enid, OK, 73701.



Enid Public Schools is required to have all of your official college transcripts in a paper format in a paper file. If you do not have official copies of your college transcripts, please request them from the university or universities within five days of being hired. They can be mailed to Enid Public Schools, Attn: Sonya Kegin, 500 S. Independence, Enid, OK 73701. Electronic copies emailed directly from the university to the district ( are accepted.



Thank you for completing the ACCUFAX background check as part of your pre-employment process. In accordance with Oklahoma law, all school employees also are required to have a national background check that includes the collection of fingerprints. Locations where you can be fingerprinted as part of this process can be found at: Please complete your fingerprinting within one week of your hiring OR your first visit to Oklahoma, if you are relocating from out-of-state. An appointment is often required so please plan ahead.

The suggested location is The Mail Run, 105 S. Grand, Enid, OK. It is located on the southeast corner of the Grand and Broadway Intersection (between Galaxy Mattress and Larry's Home Oxygen).

There are two different ways to meet the background check requirement. Please read below carefully and follow the one that meets your personal/professional situation.


Scenario #1

If you are a newly certified teacher or applying for Oklahoma certification from out-of-state, you will be required to complete a national background check by SDE. EPS can request a copy of this report. Because this is part of the certification process, you are responsible for costs associated with the background check ($59). It is still necessary for you to complete the National Criminal History Background Check form in TalentEd Records. Additionally, on the Fingerprint Instructions Form, please select Option 1 and ignore the appointment portion of the form.


Scenario #2

If you are already certified in Oklahoma, you must have a new background check as a term of your employment. EPS will pay for the cost of your screening. In TalentEd Records, complete the National Criminal History Background Check Form and follow all instructions on the Fingerprint Instructions Form.



Your teaching years of service will determine your place on the salary scale. If you have taught previously in an Oklahoma school district OR if you have out-of-state credit that has previously been reported to the Oklahoma State Department of Education, the EPS HR Department can verify your years of service on the online system.

If you have out-of-state teaching experience that has not been reported to SDE, then you will need to complete a Proof of Teaching Experience, which can be downloaded at: The Form must be sent to each school district where you have previously taught so it can be completed and signed by their administrative staff. Please mail these forms to the districts within five days of your hire.

The form should then be mailed to Enid Public Schools, Attn: Sonya Kegin, 500 S. Independence, Enid, OK 73701. The district will then mail it to SDE so it can be verified and added to the statewide online system. If the years of services are not verified by your first paycheck, but verified later, you will be paid retroactively for the additional service credit.



If you have out-of-state certification, you will need to apply for an Oklahoma certificate AND submit your out-of-state test scores to the Office of Educational Quality & Accountability for review using the following form: This step will increase the likelihood, but not guarantee, that you are considered Highly Qualified under No Child Left Behind in Oklahoma. If SDE requires that you take an Oklahoma test to gain HQ status, the district will require this step, but will reimburse you for the cost of the exam when you pass.



Oklahoma law prohibits a school district from paying an employee according to the certified salary scale without an Oklahoma Teaching Certificate. Until a certificate is received, only the substitute rate of pay ($58/day) can be earned and only completed service documented with a timesheet can be paid. Retroactive certified pay is available, based on the effective date of the certificate. Please contact SDE to begin the certification process as soon as possible, preferably the day you are hired. You can learn more by visiting

When all paperwork has been submitted to SDE, please contact Sonya Kegin with the EPS HR Department (580.366.7014 or so that a Request to Expedite Form can be submitted to the SDE on your behalf. Although the EPS HR team is happy to assist during the process, it is the employee's responsibility to achieve certification.