Skip to main content

Frequently Asked Questions for Current Employees

General Information

The internal transfer process is now online. Please visit Click on "Internal" on the top-right. Create a new account (or log into your old one) and apply for the position of your choice. Please contact the HR Department if you need additional information.

Here are the answers to several frequently asked questions on this topic.

Question:      I know I will be resigning at the end of the year, but I don’t want to lose my remaining benefits.  What can I do?

Answer:        Date your resignation effective the last working day of your contract year.  Your health insurance benefits continue through your contracted pay period ending August 31.

Question:      I’m fairly certain I’m moving away, but don’t want to resign until I have another position.  What do I do?

Answer:       Respond that your plans are uncertain at this time, but explain that you are currently seeking employment elsewhere.  Please give your principal as much information as possible.

Question:     Won’t my principal be angry if he/she knows I am exploring other employment opportunities?

Answer:       We always want to keep our excellent employees; however, we expect employees may move and seek growth opportunities. Your principal will appreciate knowing in advance about your job search.

Question:      I lack part of a year’s credit to be eligible for retirement.  Do I have to work the entire school year before I retire?

Answer:        Not necessarily. As long as your partial year occurred before 2013-14, it may be combined with unused sick leave for a year of credit. Contact the Business Department to discuss possible options.  Each case is unique and must be individually considered.

Question:      I definitely will not return next fall, but I do not intend to resign until I have a firm offer of another job, no matter how late it is.  What can happen?

Answer:        Enid Public Schools tries to accommodate resignations by certified staff whenever possible. Oklahoma law, however, only requires school districts to accept a resignation if the request is made by mid-June – the 15th day after the first Monday in June, to be exact.